CVC and World Children’s Day Tuesday 20th November 2018
16th October 2018
As part of our ongoing commitment to promote the Rights of the Child and to continue our work towards the Rights Respecting Schools Gold Award, I am delighted to inform you that Comberton Village College will be taking part in the UNICEF Outright Campaign which will be marked nationally on World Children’s Day on Tuesday 20th November 2018.
OutRight is a campaign which empowers children and young people all over the UK to realise their own rights and to speak out in support of the Rights of all children.
This year Outright is focusing on Article 24- “the Right to the best possible health, clean water and a clean environment”.
At Comberton Village College we are committed to take part in Outright and we will do so through a series of events which will take place over a 2 week period in November (weeks beg 12th and 19th November) at lunch time in the Main Foyer of the school:
- · We will take part in Shoeshare- ShoeShare is a campaign in partnership with the Rights Respecting Schools Award and Clarks Shoes. Old or unwanted shoes are collected and sent on for re-use. For every tonne of shoes collected, a donation is made to UNICEF which goes towards education programmes around the world.
· We will be selling the newly designed CVC water bottle as we continue to promote the need for recycling. The CVC water bottle costs £3.
· We will have a “Switch off your engine” day on Tuesday 20th November when we will ask that cars and buses’ engines are turned off when stationary in the car park when collecting pupils at the end of the day.
· Pupils will write postcards expressing their views and concerns on air pollution in their local area and the postcards will be sent to the Environment Secretary.
· We will use assembly time to talk about Outright to all year groups and will encourage pupils to discuss matters related to Outright in form time and when possible in lessons too with teachers and Form Tutors.
We are very excited to be taking part in Outright to promote and celebrate the UNCRC and we hope that you will support us with the actions listed above. For more information on this, please visit our website. Thank you for your continuous support with the RRSA.
Mrs M Burgess (Associate Assistant Principal, Head of Year 10)