APPLICATION FOR EXCEPTIONAL FUNDING SUPPORT
Comberton Village College strongly believes in the principle that all pupils should have the opportunity to experience a minimum of one domestic trip as part of their education at CVC, regardless of their financial background. Because of this, the Exceptional Funding Support has been established with the aim of providing financial assistance.
Young people are only eligible to claim once for EFS.
Grants have a maximum value of £100
Grants are for domestic (British) trips only.
An application form may be found on the right of this page. To obtain support Part A should be completed by the parent. Appropriate evidence of a clear financial need must be provided. Financial need must include at least one of the following bullet points listed below:
- The student to go on the trip to be a young person in care.
- Be a disabled young person in receipt of Disability Living Allowance.
- Be eligible for Free School Meals
- Be from a household whose income is below £20817 per annum
- Have been affected by a sudden exceptional change in financial circumstances
Applications will be strengthened if they demonstrate that there will be:
1. A significant impact upon others if the applicant is unable to go
2. A significant impact upon the applicant’s GCSE education if they are unable to go
In addition Part B should be completed by the student and submitted with the application for funding.
If you feel that your child would benefit from participating in a domestic trip please complete the form below and return it, together with a copy of evidence of financial need, to Mr Carrick in a sealed envelope. All applications will be dealt with in confidence and will be considered on an individual basis.